Yamaha V Star Forum

Full Version: Blue Collar Bobbers... AMAZING people!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am at work and don't have a ton of time to write all the great stuff that I would like to say about these people but I at least wanted to start the conversation.

Some guys at my office were talking about getting bikes (sport bikes) and I said that I used to ride but it had been 13 years ago. I started looking on Craigslist with them for fun and noticed a "bobber"!? It looked really cool, but it was expensive. This got that old urge back.... to get out and ride.
I made the mistake of going and looking at one and throwing a leg over it. That was it, I really wanted one.

To try and make a really long story short, I decided to buy an older bike and "build" the bobber the way I wanted it. I found a 03 Vstar 1100 Classic that I could get for $2,000, that looked and sounded great. I chopped off the bags, fairings, windscreen etc, and sold them for $900 putting me at $1,100 for the bike.

I looked around online and came across Blue Collar Bobbers, and ordered my seat, rear fender, bars, lights, etc.

I actually talked to the owner several times, his wife, and even their daughter at one point. Seriously some of the nicest humans I have ever dealt with! Out of ignorance I ordered wrong parts, and omitted some things that I needed, and they went way, WAY above and beyond to make sure I had what I needed!!

Anyone else ever dealt with them?

I am in NO WAY affiliated with them, I just think that spectacular service deserves accolades and recognition!

If any of you are ever in need of anything that they provide I would VERY highly recommend them!

I am an IT geek and I have NEVER built or "wrenched" on anything!! I was pretty much limited to screwdrivers, crescent wrenches, and a hack saw.

The paint was $24 worth of John Deere tractor paint!
I've gotta admit, that's looks badass.
Really like how you made it your own! Excellent job!
It's certainly nice to hear about good customer service considering the recent rash of bad service I've been accustomed to. On a side note, you look more like a bike builder than an IT geek. Either way, very nice job on the bike!
Thank you SO much to both of you for taking the time to comment!

There were other places I could have bought stuff from, but like I said, dealing with these folks was more like dealing with friends. Spending 6 weeks watching the DVD that they sent (while doing the work) was like working alongside my dad when I was a kid, helping with his old clunkers.

JHennly - I DO have some black nerd glasses that I wear when I am working on PC's :)

Voodoo304 - Thank you for the kind words! I had a vision in my head of what I wanted the finished product to look like and I actually nailed it for what I wanted. I lowered the rear 2" as well as the other stuff. The front tire is a 5.00-16 Avon REAR tire. I love the look and the handling is no different... except on rain grooves! :P

Here is a video that shows the $24 paint job https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6t1WnEF3EQ
Very nice! Really like the contrast from matte to gloss in the paint. Good idea.
(08-01-2014, 12:41 PM)voodoo304 Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice! Really like the contrast from matte to gloss in the paint. Good idea.

3 cans of John Deere tractor paint at $8 a can :)

* and some tape :P
Very nice looking bike! I have the 1100 myself.
(07-31-2014, 04:50 PM)Big Donnie Brasco Wrote: [ -> ]I am at work and don't have a ton of time to write all the great stuff that I would like to say about these people but I at least wanted to start the conversation.

Some guys at my office were talking about getting bikes (sport bikes) and I said that I used to ride but it had been 13 years ago. I started looking on Craigslist with them for fun and noticed a "bobber"!? It looked really cool, but it was expensive. This got that old urge back.... to get out and ride.
I made the mistake of going and looking at one and throwing a leg over it. That was it, I really wanted one.

To try and make a really long story short, I decided to buy an older bike and "build" the bobber the way I wanted it. I found a 03 Vstar 1100 Classic that I could get for $2,000, that looked and sounded great. I chopped off the bags, fairings, windscreen etc, and sold them for $900 putting me at $1,100 for the bike.

I looked around online and came across Blue Collar Bobbers, and ordered my seat, rear fender, bars, lights, etc.

I actually talked to the owner several times, his wife, and even their daughter at one point. Seriously some of the nicest humans I have ever dealt with! Out of ignorance I ordered wrong parts, and omitted some things that I needed, and they went way, WAY above and beyond to make sure I had what I needed!!

Anyone else ever dealt with them?

I am in NO WAY affiliated with them, I just think that spectacular service deserves accolades and recognition!

If any of you are ever in need of anything that they provide I would VERY highly recommend them!

I am an IT geek and I have NEVER built or "wrenched" on anything!! I was pretty much limited to screwdrivers, crescent wrenches, and a hack saw.

The paint was $24 worth of John Deere tractor paint!

Nice work... They are very nice to talk to at blue collar. I will be ordering my things there soon for my 2002 650 classic. What size seat did you go with?