Yamaha V Star Forum

Full Version: Has anyone tried putting whitewalls on a 650 Custom?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It might just be that I am getting old, (I'm 53) but when I see whitewall tires on cruisers I think it's a very nice look. I have seen some very nice whitewalled 650 Classics, but never on a Custom. Is this because it would not look so nice as on the Classic, or just because no one has thought to do it on a Custom yet? So I'm curious to know whether anyone has any pics of a 650 Custom with whitewall tires. (I'm afraid to be the first to try it, in case it doesn't look as nice as I think it will!)

Glen
(04-30-2016, 03:54 AM)camperbc Wrote: [ -> ]It might just be that I am getting old, (I'm 53) but when I see whitewall tires on cruisers I think it's a very nice look. I have seen some very nice whitewalled 650 Classics, but never on a Custom. Is this because it would not look so nice as on the Classic, or just because no one has thought to do it on a Custom yet? So I'm curious to know whether anyone has any pics of a 650 Custom with whitewall tires. (I'm afraid to be the first to try it, in case it doesn't look as nice as I think it will!)

Glen
here's one that look's good
http://cruiser.mototribe.com/photo/vstar...er-build-0
[attachment=2491]I have them on my 1100 vstar.
(04-30-2016, 03:54 AM)camperbc Wrote: [ -> ]It might just be that I am getting old, (I'm 53) but when I see whitewall tires on cruisers I think it's a very nice look. I have seen some very nice whitewalled 650 Classics, but never on a Custom. Is this because it would not look so nice as on the Classic, or just because no one has thought to do it on a Custom yet? So I'm curious to know whether anyone has any pics of a 650 Custom with whitewall tires. (I'm afraid to be the first to try it, in case it doesn't look as nice as I think it will!)

Glen
HI Glen, I just purchased my baby and it has white walls. I think they look great. My brother has a Harley and he thought they were very cool lol just re read your q though and mine is a classic lol.
I have white walls on my 1100, I think they look good
I like this idea. This might be one of the mods I will do on the bike we will work on right after we finished installing the Bilstein shocks and new tires on the current truck project. I've seen the whitewall on a couple of newer bikes and they look good to me!