Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
06-11-2015, 02:21 PM,
Any Good Drivers Backrests that wont break the Bank?
Any Good Drivers Backrests that wont break the Bank? I have been looking I tried the Highly adjustable from Calvalry and it ended up being Junk. The pad started coming apart on the very first ride. That really made me worry about the adjustment lever being made of plastic. So I just packed it up and sent it back. But I am still looking. I would really like to have a little bit of lower back support. My hour and a half ride each way to and from work after about an hour I start to feel it in between the shoulder blades.

So I would like to find a decent driver back rest that I do not have to take a loan out for if you know what I mean.
06-11-2015, 03:32 PM,
RE: Any Good Drivers Backrests that wont break the Bank?
1.5 hour one way @Damin69 wow! i hurt in my shoulders before i put on different risers cause was stretching out a bit for the bars, just something may check into also for more comfortable and they were not very costly either, just a little taller with more of a pullback.
2006 VStar Stratoliner, Freedom Performance split dual exhaust, Mustang seats, Sissy bar with back rack, bolted saddlebags to mounts.
Life's tough .. it's even tougher if you're stupid. - John Wayne

06-11-2015, 07:48 PM,
Google DIY backrests. I didn't save the links but I remember seeing some home made backrests that looked reasonably easy to make.

I'm with @Keith, though, if the area that is giving you problems is the neck, shoulders, or top of the back then being able to pull the bars back just an inch or two (which is easily done with angled risers) is probably going to provide more relief than a back rest.

Also, I put a 5/8" bare gel pad under the stock upholstery on my seat and that did wonders for my lower back. I can run out a tank of gas without stopping now without getting too stiffened up. Before, at 80 miles I was more than ready for a bit of a walk around break and it went downhill from there pretty quick.
===========================
2011 V-Star 650 Custom (new in fall 2013)
V&H Cruzer Pipes, Memphis Shades Bat Wing, Floorboards, Highway Bars,
Locking Bags, Tail Rack, LED Signals & Aux Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator,
Brake Light Modulator, 5/8" Gel Pad Under Upholstery.
06-12-2015, 01:01 PM,
(06-11-2015, 07:48 PM)OldePhart Wrote: Google DIY backrests. I didn't save the links but I remember seeing some home made backrests that looked reasonably easy to make.

I'm with @Keith, though, if the area that is giving you problems is the neck, shoulders, or top of the back then being able to pull the bars back just an inch or two (which is easily done with angled risers) is probably going to provide more relief than a back rest.

Also, I put a 5/8" bare gel pad under the stock upholstery on my seat and that did wonders for my lower back. I can run out a tank of gas without stopping now without getting too stiffened up. Before, at 80 miles I was more than ready for a bit of a walk around break and it went downhill from there pretty quick.

I never thought of the riser thing would anyone have a link to what I would need for that?
I just got a new seat and love it. It was custom made. Works great for the Arse just not the back.
06-12-2015, 06:35 PM,
This is just one example and I don't know if this specific set will fit. But everybody and their brother makes something similar so you shouldn't have any trouble finding some.

http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/acat...isers.html
===========================
2011 V-Star 650 Custom (new in fall 2013)
V&H Cruzer Pipes, Memphis Shades Bat Wing, Floorboards, Highway Bars,
Locking Bags, Tail Rack, LED Signals & Aux Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator,
Brake Light Modulator, 5/8" Gel Pad Under Upholstery.
06-12-2015, 11:51 PM,
Any Good Drivers Backrests that wont break the Bank?
I just added this to my bike.

Ultimate Seats. (No idea what your budget is). I'm also adding new handlebars at some point.

06-14-2015, 02:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2015, 02:06 PM by Keith.)
@Damin69 these are like what I have and at least another rider on the forum is using, just have to reroute a couple of the lines for enough slack. heck if i can do it alone, anybody can do it. key thing is put a blanket on top of your fuel tank, cause no matter how careful you are, as you are loosening up the riser clamp the handlebars will suddenly just fall hitting the tank.
2006 VStar Stratoliner, Freedom Performance split dual exhaust, Mustang seats, Sissy bar with back rack, bolted saddlebags to mounts.

06-14-2015, 02:47 PM,
(06-14-2015, 02:05 PM)Keith Wrote: @Damin69 these are like what I have and at least another rider on the forum is using, just have to reroute a couple of the lines for enough slack. heck if i can do it alone, anybody can do it. key thing is put a blanket on top of your fuel tank, cause no matter how careful you are, as you are loosening up the riser clamp the handlebars will suddenly just fall hitting the tank.
@Keith did you forget a link?
06-14-2015, 03:16 PM,
duh @Damin69 yep sure did.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MOTORCYCLE-C...e5&vxp=mtr

06-19-2015, 11:56 AM,
(06-14-2015, 03:16 PM)Keith Wrote: duh @Damin69 yep sure did.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MOTORCYCLE-C...e5&vxp=mtr

Ordered a Set. They be on the way. Should have them next Wed.
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good eBay find - bullet turn signals OldePhart 3 1,262 04-03-2015, 10:29 AM
Last Post: OldePhart
  Aftermarket baffles, what's good out there? pablotech1 3 1,064 06-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Last Post: indie_rocker
  Good aftermarket horns? OldePhart 15 5,443 09-03-2013, 01:54 AM
Last Post: SnaykByte