Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12-03-2015, 11:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015, 11:03 PM by Llyodchristmiss.)
Snapped off AIS tube in block
I snapped a emissions tube (AIS) off inside of my block on my 98 vstar 650. Any ideas on yanking it out? Its not totally frozen as I can jam a chisel in there and spin the tube.

[Image: UCNjRz2.jpg]

Any ideas of how to get this bastard out?

As a last resort im about to jam in a 9mm shell with RTV if it fits
12-15-2015, 05:38 PM,
RE: Snapped off AIS tube in block
I would set up a shop vac hose just outside of it to prevent anything from falling inside while you're diggig around first. I would then try and use a pick to peel the tube out. The tube is very thin walled. If you pick and flex it enough it will break apart completely allowing you to fill the hole properly with whatever you want.
A great man once said you can never learn if you don't ask.
12-15-2015, 07:51 PM,
RE: Snapped off AIS tube in block
run a 12mm ream to clean up the hole then tap it for an allen plug. you can also try cutting through just the spigot material in 3 places then pry behind it to collapse it, then pull the pieces out with a pick. on mine i removed the chrome tubes then tapped the spigot and installed allen plugs and put the chrome tubes back on. the spigots are very hard material and were difficult to tap but i managed it. i think the spigots are galvanized steel, which is much harder than cold steel. a very small hacksaw blade can be used to make the 3 cuts. if the ream starts to wander into the aluminum head cutting with a saw blade may be the way to go.
Lightbulb dumb bikers don't get to be old bikers