Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
09-17-2012, 01:13 PM,
headlight housing
How do I replace the headlight housing on my 2000 v star 1100?
09-17-2012, 07:31 PM,
RE: headlight housing
Hey, welcome to the forums.

It should be really easy. Just have to take it out, and plug in a new one.

This link below shows how it is put together, if you are thinking of replacing just the bulb, or am I missing something here? Sorry, I'm a bit frazzled from working lately.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/www.cheapcyclepa...1336963816
09-17-2012, 07:54 PM,
RE: headlight housing
Do you mean the bulb or the headlight housing itself. It should just need to be unscrewed or unbolted. Can't remember which as I'm not by my bike right now...LOL. Unplug it, and then put the next one in.
09-17-2012, 08:27 PM,
Re: headlight housing
As others have said easy job. 2 c/sunk set screws at 4 & 8 O'clock on the side of the bezel ring surrounding the head light. Not the screws at the front they are for headlight adjustment, don't touch them if you do you will need to readjust it. Once you have undone them the bezel will come off, be careful the head light will fall out. You just need to unplug it, the head light bulb and remove the parking light. Remove the headlight bulb from the retaining spring. Replace in new headlight housing. Make sure you get the rubber boot back on correctly around the bulb plug, it has "TOP" marked on it, and it is a bit of a pain. Strong fingers needed.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
Jmck
Two wheels moves me body and soul Cool
09-22-2012, 11:50 PM,
Re: RE: headlight housing
(09-17-2012, 07:54 PM)TerryVstar Wrote: ... Unplug it, and then put the next one in.

Lol...